Friday, March 20, 2009

Broncos vs. Cutler




VS.






The Jay Cutler saga drags on. Cutler has officially asked for a trade. The Broncos say they want to smooth things out. So, who's in the right here? I want your opinion. I can understand why Cutler's feelings are hurt and why he may want out. I'd probably feel the same. But is demanding to be traded justified? I'd say he needs to just suck it up and sign somewhere else when he becomes a free agent. Yeah, he's a good QB and the Broncos will be in trouble without him, but he's still never taken them to the playoffs.

In other news, the Packers continue to be inactive in free agency. They resigned UFA DE Michael Montgomery. He's a backup, so this is not a big splash. They also matched a tender for restricted FA CB Jarrett Bush. This may be classified as clinically insane, as Bush is a walking pass interference machine. Why they didn't let him go is beyond me. One possible explanation is the Thompson Doctrine, as explained by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Another reason that's been thrown around is that he's a good special teams player. Who cares? They already have a CB that's good for special teams but not much else: Will Blackmon. Plus, both Nick Collins and Tramon Williams want more money, and increasing Bush's salary is not going to quiet them down.

My bracket is ruined. I'm doing pretty poorly in all of my pools. Oh well, I just do it for fun anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment